Monday, September 29, 2014

Blog Post #6

Anthony Capps videos

      These videos were quite informative. Even from the first video I learned something. Getting the students involved and excited about a project is a big step toward getting them motivated about projects. Having them be a part of every step of the project from beginning to end is a good way to have them feel like they aren't just doing busy work. I was surprised with the second video in that I didn't how much overlap project based learning would have within subjects. From the kids getting to draw their favorite scene yet having to write a page long defense of it before they were allowed to draw it is a a great example of overlapping subjects.

      I was very interested to learn about iCurio in the next video . Having a search engine that's been refined for scholarly only sources would have been of great use in my previous semesters here at South Alabama. The organization feature alone would have saved me hours of writing and forgetting sources. Discovery Ed, mentioned in the fourth video also seems like a very useful source as well. Being able to have videos detailing subjects seems like a great tool for audio and video learners.

      I would very much like a printed list of the tips outlined in this video . I think that this would be a very good motivator for myself.

      I very much like in this video how Anthony says that lessons and how to use new technology should be incorporated into each other. I have seen so many lessons just devoted to the teaching of something rather than having it be used. Breaking down work into just four layers as mentioned here seems like a great approach. Implementing those layers would help keep things on track day by day and yet keep them wrapped up in the yearly projects that need to be done.

3 comments:

  1. "Even from the first video I learned something. " Amazing! From the first!

    " I was surprised with the second video in that I didn't how much overlap project based learning would have within subjects." I am not sure what you intended to rite. Perhaps know, not how?

    "From the kids getting to draw their favorite scene yet having to write a page long defense of it before they were allowed to draw it is a a great example of overlapping subjects. " Awkward.

    " I would very much like a printed list of the tips outlined in this video . I think that this would be a very good motivator for myself. ' Have you created it yet?

    " I very much like in this video how Anthony says that lessons and how to use new technology should be incorporated into each other.' Awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Getting the students involved and excited about a project is a big step toward getting them motivated about projects. Having them be a part of every step of the project from beginning to end is a good way to have them feel like they aren't just doing busy work." Probably my favorite line from your post. I completely agree that students should be involved from the beginning. Motivation is key.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well written blog, I also found an interest in the iCurio search engine. I thought that it was very neat that the students could save their previous searches.

    ReplyDelete