Sunday, September 14, 2014

Blog Post 4

Asking Questions
      I think that what we need to know about asking questions in our classrooms is how does the question keep our students engaged? When I say engaged, I don't just mean how does it make them interact. I mean how does it make them think? Does it make them think about why or what if? Do they think of how or of other people's point of view? There are too many questions asked that are simple yes or no questions. These questions are given with the expectation of a certain response and if a student doesn't know the right response they will stay quiet. Instead of asking yes or no questions, I think that questions should engage the student. If I can ask a question in class and it keeps the students thinking about it after the answer is given or it creates even more questions by other students who now want to know more beyond the answer, then I have asked a good question.

2 comments:

  1. Great Blog! I agree with you when you said to get the students teaching, rather them have them just answer yea or no questions. Don't forget to add your link and a picture to your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to include link to each of the videos in the blog post directions. Also, the source of the photo you choose to use should be in whats called a alt/title modifier. The directions on how to add alt/title modifiers is on page 6 of the Blog Post Instructions document. There should be a photo in every blog post!

    ReplyDelete