Sunday, September 14, 2014

C4T#1

      I was assigned to read the blog of Mr. Ken Halla, a history teacher who create his blog to share information he finds on the web about history and how to use technology in the classroom.
Post #1
      In the first post I commented on, Mr. Halla is posting about an website called Remind. It is a free service for teachers that lets you create a virtual group for your class in order to keep in quick contact with the parents of students. He has posted a YouTube tutorial video he made on how to use it so newcomers are not overwhelmed by this service. In my comment I went over I how I liked how he was sharing such a tool with everybody to see on his blog and how useful it can be. I found it similar to Facebook groups without the hassle of being required to join Facebook or even need an internet connection as the website sends messages directly to recipient's phones.
Post #2
      In the second post I commented on, Mr. Halla has posted a reminder that PBS will be running a documentary special on the Roosevelt family this week. I commented saying that I liked how is blog included little things like this as they can help give teacher's ideas for the upcoming week or even give interested students extra things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment